Saturday 27 October 2007

The finished hanging

Well, the piece is finished. Made some last minute alterations - didn't like the radiating lines on one of the squares so unpicked them and used some seed beads instead.
I looked at it for a while before I decided how to mount it.
I decided to make it a hanging. It is in essence a sampler of techniques using the Egyptian eye as the theme.
Difficult to photograph - dull days so had to use some flash - a lot of shiny surfaces there.
This is a replaced image to the one posted originally.


Time to plan the next piece.

3 comments:

sharon young said...

The finished piece has worked beautifully and the tea dyed scrim looks a perfect binding. Will you hang it with a sleeve?
I've got my grandson again on Monday so we'll see if he wants a go on the embellisher, should suit his desrtruction theme at the moment!
I'm just trying to make something pretty for a change at the moment.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

Shirley Anne Sherris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Thanks Sharon for your lovely comments - much appreciated and thanks too for stopping by my blog - makes it worth while keeping it up to date.