I have completed the Aubrey Beardsley based peacock piece and finally managed to photograph it. I traced the design onto a satin fabric using a white pencil crayon which rubs off when needed. I painted the peacock design with white acrylic paint and the flowers with red metallic paint. I gave the white several coats of paint but was never completely happy with it. However, I continue with the piece. I used a black rayon thread to free machine quilt the peacock and all other white areas. I used a red metallic thread for the red petals.
I was still unhappy with the white painted areas and almost ready to put the piece away and not finish it which isn't me. Then I remembered I had a bottle of pearlised medium and wondered how that would look painted over the white paint. It solved the problem and saved the piece. I was then able to continue to quilt the background and embellish with beads.
When this was finished I started a new piece. This was another Art Nouveau design. A very simple one which I could see as a goldwork piece. I chose a piece of black Thai silk for the background fabric. The face was created using padded gold synthetic leather. This was outlined with a gold thread. The remainder of the design was created by couching gold threads. Very simple and effective.
I haven't decided how to mount and present this piece as yet. I now have to decide on the next piece but that might be a bit delayed as I have finally received the first draft layouts of my book and have to work my way through it checking and making notes of any changes.
I also have my granson with me for the rest of this week - half term. So not much sewing anyway.
That's all for now.