I spent some of today reorganising and clearing out the area behind my computer seat in my living room work area. I get so frustrated when I want something and have to move so much 'stuff' to get at it then have it all to put back. Sooo today I did something about it and it is so much better now and I managed to throw out old supplier catalogues and other 'stuff' cluttering up the area.
Wonder how long it will be before it builds up again.
I have continued to tinker a bit more with the quilt - added some treasure gold down one side of the sheer heads to create shadows and some more detail stitching. It has been edged and a hanging sleeve created so I will leave it alone now.
Having bought a new book about digital techniques in Photoshop I decided to have a play with the bust of Nefertiti. Now I have the problem of which ones to use and how.
This is the image I started with. First I created 5 single colour images using the colours I 'colour picked' from the images of Egyptian jewellery.
Once I had the separate colour images I began to layer and overlap them creating different arrangements.
This diagonal arrangement was the first one. I put it through some filters and kept a few of them which had possibilities.
I have the feeling I may be making a stencil or a stamp.
Next I made a different arrangement of the images overlapping them in the standard five pattern and then in a vertical zigzag pattern.
After I had put the image through a filter I layered the original image over the top so that the pattern became the background. I am not sure if it is a bit too psychedelic but I didn't want to delete it. Finally I gave a gradient filled background to the original image. This last one may become part of a digital composite.
I am hoping to paint some foil tomorrow as a background to another piece. I bought the medium to mix with the paint to make it adhere to the foil so fingers crossed it all works for me.