Tuesday 11 December 2007

New website!!! Hurray

My revamped website is now up and running although there is still some adjustments and additions to make. It can be viewed on the same link - www.sasdesigns.co.uk. It is basically a big gallery of my work. I hope people enjoy looking at it.

I have also finished the cover work for the dancing girls book cover. I made the background from dyed silk handkerchief fibres using acrylic medium.

The panel of dancing girls was then stitched in the centre and the borders stamped and stitched. It is supposed to look like the peeling walls of a tomb. I am now going to drill the small holes along the edges of the board before I stretch the fabric over it so it is ready to stitch the back, front and spine together.

It isn't finished yet - think I will make some tags and there is still the inside to complete.

Must print my grandson's birthday card today. He will be 8 on Friday - growing up so fast!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Well done
Lovely front page
K

sharon young said...

Hi Shirley
What a lovely book cover, the dancing ladies looked great with a frame around, and the stamping just finished it off. I'm really looking forward to seeing how you finish the book as I love making journals, but don't do it very often.
Am off to see the new site now. Happy B-day to your GS for Friday!