As I haven't posted for a couple of days, I thought I would post the results of the paper bags I did a while back.
If you remember I began with a couple of paper bags which I had saved many moons ago because I liked them.
I will post just one of them for this blog and do the other tomorrow or whenever.
I opened the bag and ironed it flat.
I used some pelmet vilene for the inside and sized it first with a coat of thin pva. Then I painted it and stamped it.
Next I glued the paper bag to the lining, painted the veins on the leaves with gold paint and gave it a coat of acrylic wax.
I satin stitched around the edges and folded it into a padfolio so that the leaves lined up.
Next I made an acetate pineapple to attach to the front to use as an opening flap.
I drew the pineapple from the padfolio onto some soluble fabric and layered up some sheer fabric and some acetate sheet. I free machined the pinapple with gold thread.
I used a soldering iron to cut out the pinapple and then washed away the soluble fabric.
The pineapple was then stitched onto the front of the padfolio overlapping the join.
A piece of dyed organza ribbon fastened the padfolio closed.