Thursday 8 November 2007

Bit by bit

Today's post will be an ongoing one posting bits as I do them.

Have taken photos - then found it wasn't convenient to go visiting (new gas lines in progress so no access), then we were going to go out to do some photography - the sky blackened and the rain came down so will get on with the Egyptians.

This is the one I am pondering about. I was thinking of stitching line drawings of each of the figures over the top or off set. Or stitch line drawings on a sheer and overlay that.
This piece wasn't really planned - I had these outline shapes left when I cut out the figures for the box and didn't want to throw them away so I used them as stencils.
A bonus piece.




This piece is building. I will go with the flow on this one. I have an idea in mind how it will look but......
These clay patches are drying nicely and should be ready to paint today. One is already destined for the other piece and is in situ. Watch this space for what happens to them next.

Thanks for comments about sticking at Dreamweaver. I have a book to 'learn it the quick and easy way' Hmm - I'm beginning to think I'm as dumb as - not getting anywhere at the moment. But.. will have another session and see if anything clicks.

1 comment:

sharon young said...

Hi Shirley
I like the new pieces, especially the silhouettes, i'd be inclined to stitch offset straight onto the fabric if it were mine.
I love the background just as it is on the second piece, but then I am a reluctant stitcher!
Good luck with DW it is a bit of a beast but worth the effort.