I have at last finished the stencilled Nefertiti book. When I returned to it, after finishing all the photography, I was again unhappy with it and unpicked a lot of the stitching. It was basically a problem with the pile of the velvet. Eventually, using some choice words of encouragement, pinning and repinning, I managed to finish it.
This was the stage which caused so much hassle.
This is the finished book open showing
the front, back and spine.
This is the finished front. The panel was stitched on and framed with some metallic copper braid.
This piece definitely had the Egyptian curse on it.
I have taken a booking to give a talk later in the year on this project so I am now making more pieces. I made two small pieces today and hope to photograph and post them tomorrow.