It has been some time since I blogged so I thought I had better let everyone know I am still around.
I have been busy with my next book so most of what I have been creating I am unable to blog so I have no textile work to show.
I do have some news and that is that my book is now on most of the major book sites - Amazon, WH Smiths, Waterstones, The book depository and a few of the American sites that I have seen so far. It is on pre order as it is not available until beginning of August which is news to me as I understood that it was to be released at the beginning of September. It was quite a buzz to see it there on the book web sites.
Instead of textile and embroidery work I thought I would share a few of my 'Images per day'. Some days they are there jumping out at me but some days I have to look hard for inspiration or create a digital image.
This first image was taken at the side of the River Tees a couple of days ago. I did go to take the swans on the river - which I did - but these catkins caught my eye and I have used this image instead.
After a few glorious days of warm sunshine we were hit with a covering of snow during the night. The next morning these crystals of snow were just beginning to melt and drip off the leaves so I rushed out and managed to take some of the snowy leaves. However, while taking these photographs I noticed this large water drop hanging from one of the leaves. I didn't know how long it would be before the drop fell but fortunately I caught it just before it fell. The next drop was no way near as good.
At the back of my bungalow the frogs had stirred in the pond and the males were very active so much so that today it is full of frog spawn. This photo is of one of the 'happy' frogs.
In the side garden the flowering currant is well on the way to flowering so I must go out again and catch this bud fully open.
This next image is the result of some experimenting with some film I shared with Val Campbell Harding. It was very expensive but she managed to talk me into going halves with her. The colours are amazing so I am glad that I did.
My daughter has been having a clear out and she always checks with me first before she disposes of anything textiley. I had knitted her a top with some coral pure silk yarn. She doesn't wear it any more so did I want it. It is a bit tight - well very tight - on me so I will have to sit and unpick it to use the yarn. It is far too nice to discard. It should overdye too. A little job to take away with me.
This next image was created on one of those days I didn't have a photograph to take. it is a compilation of some painted Bondaweb ironed onto a background fabric. I scanned in some skeleton leaves and then isolated them from the background so that I could use them to overlay on an image. the painted Bondaweb was for another piece of work which was completed some time ago but I quite like this image so I may actually reproduce this as a textile piece.
So there we are. A bit of an update and some images to look at.
Back to the book now. Once I have broken the back of it I can then get back to some textile work and share my time between the two.
So cheers everyone until the next blog.