The art quilt is now finished.
The project is now complete and for the last couple of days the 69 pieces have been spread across my living room floor while I have been deciding how to mount and present many of the pieces. A couple of the panels have now been turned into books. I searched out some stored frames which have been in a cupboard for years. I did a bit of creative sponging and made them suitable - in fact very suitable - for a set of three Nefertiti profile pieces. I just have to stitch the spines of the two books and I can befgin to store the project away.
I have two talks booked for this project so I will be making a visual record which I show on a monitor while I talk about the pieces, techniques and materials.
We went out and did some gardening today while the weather was fine. In the side garden we found this clump of fungi. never seen this fungi there before.
I did a bit of macro on it.
A lovely copper colour.
Must get on with the stitching of the book spines now. I want to finish everything tomorrow and then SOMETHING NEW!!!
So cheers everyone.