Wednesday 5 September 2007

My second blog at last

As suspected, I am not going to be a regular blogger so I will blog as and when the mood takes me.
I have been getting to know my new camera and so far am very very impressed getting photos I would not have tried to take with other cameras.








I spent a day at the botanical gardens at Durham and took some super photos. they have now been processed and stored on a hard drive.
These are a few of the many flowers I took many using my macro lens and then some of the fabulous sculptures in the gardens.
Well worth a visit and we will be going back again next year.





I now have material for another digital collage. When I find the time I will create one and post it on the blog.


Yesterday I went to the railway museum at
Shildon with my grandson - he too has taken to the camera and has no inhibitions about taking pictures. he takes everything. I was thrilled to find lots of fabulous textures - rusty panels and peeling paint. The only down side is processing all the photos - it is so time consuming. Here are a couple of examples - not everyone will be excited by them!!! but I am, all that painting and texturing.


I am writing another article for the Computer Textile Design Group magazine Design-IT. I am not going to say how I created the designs but I spent the day printing the first layers on various fabrics and tomorrow will be stitching over the surface. I will post pictures when they are done.
So second blog done!

No comments: