Time for another blog after spending a few days doing some sorting and reorganising. I did manage to throw some stored 'too good to throw out' stuff out. Not easy for a hoarder like me.
I also managed at last to photograph a tassel I made last week. It is a representation of a lotus flower. I digitised a petals and stitched out eight of them on white sheer fabric. They were cut out with a soldering iron and then stiffened with a clear stiffening medium.
Next I made the skirt of the tassel with a mixture of green threads - to represent the stalk.
Then I made a 'pom-pom' with a mixture of yellow threads to represent the flower centre.
With hindsight I think it should have been a little less dense and more straggly.
All the parts were then stitched together.
Today there were some dandelion seed heads out on the patio having seeded themselves between the paving stones. The sun was shining so I dashed out to photograph them. It was a little bit breezy and so I spent quite some time waiting for the breeze to die down or the sun to come back out from behind the clouds. I did get what I wanted.
Half an hour later this last dandelion seed head had blown away so there will be more of them next year.
At this point I would like to thank Lynda for her method of positioning the images without the long tedious drag from the top. It worked.