As I have said before, I am really enjoying creating art quilts whether they be for my projects or from other design sources.
This selection comes under the 'other design sources'.
The next small piece was just a sampler practicing a quilt pattern. I used a piece of serendipity silk and metallic thread.
We regularly visit an old railway restoration yard which is a wonderful place for photography. I took this image of some old wooden sleepers propped up against an old goods wagon.
Again there is some highlighting with metallic paint.
The next piece took a long time - a lot of work. I started with an image of some Hosta leaves taken in the gardens at Newby Hall. Again, I played with the image in Photoshop and finished p with sixteen colour and stylised variations.
Each one was stitched as a separate panel and the I joined all sixteen together to make one large art quilt.
Some of them were flipped to make it balance and I highlighted some of them with metallic paint. Here is a close up.
I can't find the original image for the net series. I will have it somewhere and will find it eventually. It was an image of a wild geranium growing through some bean plant flowers in my garden. I played with it in Photoshop - as always - and the results led to a set of three panels each in a different colour palette.
I liked the red one so much that I selected and combined into a long panel. They all had lots of surface painting after the stitching.
That is all of them for this post. I am on with my Paris project now which is growing by the week. There should be lots to post later.
Until then, cheers everyone.